Irish Banking Federation
The Irish Bankers Federation (IBF) is the leading representative body for the banking and financial services sector in Ireland. Membership comprises over 60 financial institutions, comprising licensed domestic and foreign banks and institutions operating in the Irish Financial Marketplace. IBF operates at National, European and International levels. The IBF's purpose is to foster the development of a stable, dynamic and innovative banking and financial services industry that contributes to the economic and social well-being of the country.
IBF's objectives are to:
- Foster a stable and supportive regulatory environment
- Enhance awareness in political and public arenas of the critical economic importance of the banking and financial services industry
- Maintain an attractive fiscal regime that benefits enterprise and investment
- Lead the financial services industry in constantly monitoring and improving standards to ensure the continuation of a healthy, dynamic and competitive sector.
- Continue to position Ireland as one of the world's leading markets for business.